Join one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world!
Our client Canva is looking for amazing coaches to join their internal coaching team and we want to help get you there!
Here's more about the role:
CANVA'S COMMITMENT AND MISSION
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together the diversity of thoughts, perspectives, and expression is key to building the best product, team, and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
ABOUT THE INTERNAL COACHING TEAM
Our incredible Internal Coaching team is growing rapidly and looking for an Internal Coach for our Austin, TX office to work within our Canva University team. You’ll be supported by pioneers of the meta-coaching methodology to help people set and achieve impactful goals through coaching. Success in this role includes growing and developing individuals and teams to set audacious professional and personal goals and fulfill part of their life purpose through their expression at work in Canva. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Coach to deliver a world-leading internal coaching program supporting Canva's rapid growth in the U.S. You’ll help Canva become the global organizational benchmark in people growth and empowerment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Deliver internal coaching within our Austin office for leadership development, opt-in personal coaching program, and team coaching.
- Run group coaching workshops for critical thinking skills, life purpose, and mission, self-esteem, confidence, and efficacy.
- Partner with leaders and others in the company to build roadmaps and plans to achieve their professional and personal goals whilst helping the business achieve its goals through effective leadership and communication.
- Deliver Fingerprint for Success (F4S) group debriefs in addition to running team debriefs, retrospectives, and conflict resolution sessions.
- Launch blogs internally and externally as Canva’s Internal Coach about culture, empowerment, and internal coaching at the company.
- Review and refine Internal Coaching programs based on NPS scores, feedback, uptake, and goal achievement. You’ll also take part in the design of additional workshops based on feedback and Culture Amp survey findings as well as F4S Culture Mapping findings.
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE:
- Self-initiative and goal-oriented: You initiate the first steps in launching projects without waiting for permission, in order to keep up with Canva’s fast-paced environment whilst also being highly motivated to set and achieve goals over time.
- Experience with stakeholder management and resolving conflict: At Canva you will play a facilitator role for people who have personal differences with others and for teams who are not working optimally together.
- Experienced in delivering professional coaching programs: You have experience designing coaching programs for individuals or teams, ideally in high-growth or innovative companies.
- Focus on people and affiliation: You care deeply for people’s well-being, have strong personal relationships, and a focus on incrementally working towards goals and evolving and improving both programs and people.
- Solution-oriented mindset: You love thinking on your feet, inventing and ideating creative solutions to achieve organizational outcomes.
- Motivation to collaborate in a team environment: While you’ll spend time working 1-1 coaching individuals, you’ll also be a key part of the People team at Canva, working alongside our Team Happiness and Canva University teams to ensure coaching is having maximum impact.
YOUR NORTH STAR AND KEY GOALS:
- Individual empowerment: Every single person at Canva should feel empowered to do the best work of their lives, to feel challenged and fulfilled. Your goal is to unlock the greatness in every person at Canva and connect them to their purpose and meaning through their work. You’ll have regular 1:1s with the team to coach them in understanding their own personal intrinsic drivers and how they can make an impact at Canva. Your goal is for every person to set their own audacious personal and professional goals, then create actionable plans for achieving them.
- Team Coaching & Psychological Safety: We have new teams spinning up rapidly, so team cohesiveness, effectiveness, and ‘psychological safety' is paramount. You’ll help to facilitate working sessions with teams to strengthen working relationships, building empathy, understanding each other’s communication and working styles and resolving conflict in a healthy way. Your goal is that people responding ‘strongly agree’ to the following statements through team health checks, retrospectives, planning meetings etc. (I feel comfortable being myself in my team, I am able to share my challenges and frustrations with my team, I am able to speak my mind without fear of negative consequences, My opinion, unique skills and talents are valued, I feel empowered by my team members).
- Developing Leaders: As we’ve grown, we have seen many new leaders stepping into roles where they are suddenly coordinating large teams of people for the first time. Your goal is to support our new leaders learning on the fly, to set them up for success leading by example and building their confidence for taking on people leadership responsibilities. This program aims to build the essential skills for coaching, inspiring and empowering others, as well as covering topics such as emotional intelligence, difficult conversations and staying calm under pressure.
- Group coaching workshops for personal growth: Everyone working in a high-growth startup is on a rollercoaster filled with ups and downs due to the constant change and rapid growth. You’ll hold workshops on everything from understanding ‘imposter syndrome’ to ‘resilience’. Your goal is to build confidence and self-awareness, cultivate a growth mindset and help people to see change, reinvention and pushing new frontiers as a critical part of our success. Through individual, team and group coaching, you will be a key contributor to Canva being known as both the best company in the world to work and as the global benchmark for people growth and development.
WORKING AT CANVA:
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life. Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages to truly be a part of the Canva journey
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you
- Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.