As many a world-changer will likely tell you, the motivation to get started with a new idea is half the battle for a fledgling entrepreneur. Any new creation - whether it’s a business, artwork, or novel - is going to take some guts to get up and running. Take some inspiration from the pros.
You may have all sorts of show-stopping doubts in the beginning - is my idea good enough? Would anyone want to buy it? Can I even pull this off? That is normal. The important thing is to take action if you really believe in something (it’s an attitude we measure at Fingerprint for Success… the highly entrepreneurial talent of initiation).
If your initiation could do with some support, soak up some inspiration from these famous folks who know all about the mammoth task of initiating:
20. “Don't let perfectionism become an excuse for never getting started.” - Marilu Henner
19. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
18. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” - Karen Lamb
16. "Action is the foundational key to all success." - Pablo Picasso
15. "A barking dog is often more useful than a sleeping lion." - Washington Irving
14. “The vision must be followed by the venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps - we must step up the stairs.” - Vance Havner
13. “We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once.” - Calvin Coolidge
12. “An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.” ― Arnold Glasow
11. “Action is the antidote to despair.” ― Joan Baez
10. “There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long-range risks of comfortable inaction.” - John F. Kennedy
9. “I like to think of ideas as potential energy. They're really wonderful, but nothing will happen until we risk putting them into action.” - Mae Jemison
8. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.” - Conrad Hilton
7. “An organization's ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” - Jack Welch
6. “You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.” - Tony Robbins
5. “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” - Norman Cousins
4. “Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.” - Joel A. Barker
3. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” - Dale Carnegie
2. “Action speaks louder than words, but not nearly as often.” - Mark Twain
1. “Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.” - Jules Renard
Our programs were designed by world-renowned coaches. Sessions only take 5-15 minutes. Get started for free with your personalized program now.
Our expert coaches have designed hyper-effective programs that will help
you change the world.
Coach Marlee (your amazing AI-powered personal coach) will analyse your unique traits and goals to let you know which program to start with (and if there are any you should skip)!
Your recommended programs include:
Found correlated with venture success, big picture thinking is critical in starting a new venture. Increase your comfort and use of big picture thinking to avoid getting lost in perfectionism or sweating the small stuff so you can focus on what is important and move quickly. Big picture thinking is key in communication and situations where you need to get the gist of things quickly.
Inspire yourself and others to see and achieve grand visions and goals. A focus on goals is especially helpful for starting a new business, inspiring others with your ideas, maintaining focus over time and aligning teams with clarity and purpose.
In this high impact eight week program Coach Marlee will help increase your comfort and confidence to be a founder of a new business, navigate investors and other stakeholders and also help you develop greater comfort to compete and collaborate at the top of your industry or field.
Comfort to initiate and kick things off is at the heart of a startup. Close the gap between your great ideas and taking action on them. Strengthen your comfort and motivation to start conversations and initiate opportunities that can accelerate your business growth.
Explore, strengthen and stand by what you believe in business and in life. Trust in your ‘gut feel’ and point of view is especially helpful for starting a new business, inspiring others with your ideas and for living an authentic and meaningful life.
In this high impact nine week program Coach Marlee will help you to increase your self leadership and general wellbeing while also helping you to break through self sabotage, develop life long skills for emotional resilience and solid self-esteem, all crucial skills when starting a business. Enjoy weekly cutting edge science backed wellbeing resources from Blisspot.
“I found the importance of setting goals. It’s a mindset”
"Great experience overall! The 'Attention to detail' coaching program really helped me a lot as it opened up a new way for me to see things. This is very useful in my approach to work."
“Mind blowing! The Team Building program helped us resolve long-standing friction and misunderstandings in the team. Great experience for everyone involved!“
“The only way to move ahead is to work out the next action and then schedule a time to do it!”
"This program has helped me to be less impulsive and really think before acting"
“The new Team Building program by Coach Marlee is amazing! I always believe in team work, and understanding your team dynamics does the magic!“
“Awesome and effective coaching program of helping to increase motivation for goal challenged people. Fallen in love with goals and looking forward to more BHAGs. Highly recommend the coaching for GoalCatcher!”
“This program helped me kickstart my journey to wellbeing. Never could I have imagined an AI coach being this good - as if you're talking to a real human and how Marlee made me accountable to my goals. Super awesome experience that you definitely got to try!”