Entrepreneurship is known for being pretty uncertain at the best of times.
There’s no set career path and definitely no guarantee of return on investment. So, why would anyone choose to become an entrepreneur? Because, when it all clicks, it’s magic – the best and most rewarding “job” you’ll ever have. And the reason you’ll spring out of bed in the morning!
Just ask these 16 incredible entrepreneurs. If you’re looking for inspiration, these international success stories have plenty to say about starting your own business – and growing it.
1. “It isn’t possible to create anything of scale beyond one person without first recognizing the need and then asking for help.”
– Michelle Duval, Founder & CEO of Fingerprint for Success.
2. “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, 'Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?'”
– Mark Zuckerberg, Co-Founder of Facebook.
3. "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."
– Vidal Sassoon, Co-Founder of Paul Mitchell Systems.
4. “It is hard to visualize someone as a leader if she is always waiting to be told what to do.”
– Sheryl Sandberg, Founder of LeanIn.org
5. “There’s lots of bad reasons to start a company. But there’s only one good, legitimate reason, and I think you know what it is: it’s to change the world.”
– Phil Libin, CEO of Evernote.
6. “If you can help your people have clarity of what their role is, they can achieve amazing things – particularly when the entrepreneur empowers them with responsibility.”
– Creel Price, CEO of Investible.
7. “If you don’t have time for the small things, you won’t have time for the big things.”
– Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group.
8. "You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.”
– Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.
9. “Chase the vision, not the money. The money will end up following you.”
– Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.
10. “Always deliver more than expected.”
– Larry Page, Co-Founder of Google.
11. “Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It’s the mastery of fear.”
– Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder of The Huffington Post.
12. “Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?”
– Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple Inc.
13. "[My biggest mistake is probably] weighing too much on someone's talent and not someone's personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart."
– Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX, Tesla Inc. and Neuralink.
14. “If money is your first thought when you wake up, you need to dream bigger.”
– Lisa Messenger, CEO of Collective Hub.
15. “Make your team feel respected, empowered, and genuinely excited about the company’s mission.”
– Tim Westergren, Co-Founder of Pandora Radio.
16. “If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito.”
– Anita Roddick, Founder of The Body Shop.
Feeling inspired? You can take the F4S assessment today (for free!) and see just how high rank compared to successful entrepreneurs and business builders.
Our programs were designed by world-renowned coaches. Sessions only take 5-15 minutes. Get started for free with your personalized program now.
Our expert coaches have designed hyper-effective programs that will help
you change the world.
Coach Marlee (your amazing AI-powered personal coach) will analyse your unique traits and goals to let you know which program to start with (and if there are any you should skip)!
Your recommended programs include:
Found correlated with venture success, big picture thinking is critical in starting a new venture. Increase your comfort and use of big picture thinking to avoid getting lost in perfectionism or sweating the small stuff so you can focus on what is important and move quickly. Big picture thinking is key in communication and situations where you need to get the gist of things quickly.
Inspire yourself and others to see and achieve grand visions and goals. A focus on goals is especially helpful for starting a new business, inspiring others with your ideas, maintaining focus over time and aligning teams with clarity and purpose.
In this high impact eight week program Coach Marlee will help increase your comfort and confidence to be a founder of a new business, navigate investors and other stakeholders and also help you develop greater comfort to compete and collaborate at the top of your industry or field.
Comfort to initiate and kick things off is at the heart of a startup. Close the gap between your great ideas and taking action on them. Strengthen your comfort and motivation to start conversations and initiate opportunities that can accelerate your business growth.
Explore, strengthen and stand by what you believe in business and in life. Trust in your ‘gut feel’ and point of view is especially helpful for starting a new business, inspiring others with your ideas and for living an authentic and meaningful life.
In this high impact nine week program Coach Marlee will help you to increase your self leadership and general wellbeing while also helping you to break through self sabotage, develop life long skills for emotional resilience and solid self-esteem, all crucial skills when starting a business. Enjoy weekly cutting edge science backed wellbeing resources from Blisspot.
“Our fast-paced society pushes us to neglect our very human need to take a moment to pause and reflect. Marlee helped me get back in touch with that, and it has done wonders for my mental health!”
“What profound and exciting coaching. Brilliant!”
“The only way to move ahead is to work out the next action and then schedule a time to do it!”
“I learned to be organised and to have clarity of my target”
“Marlee helped me discover skills in myself and others on how to work together as a team!”
"Great experience overall! The 'Attention to detail' coaching program really helped me a lot as it opened up a new way for me to see things. This is very useful in my approach to work."
“I think Marlee is impressive!”
“Marlee creates momentum and feels good to move ahead”