It's true - startup life is pretty crazy! Each day is different, with more twists and turns than an Agatha Christie novel.
We've dug around for fifteen quotes that really resonated with us on this wildly wonderful journey. Enjoy!
15. “As a startup CEO, I slept like a baby. I woke up every two hours and cried.” - Ben Horowitz, co-founder of Opsware
14. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” - Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter
13. “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe.” - Tom Preston-Werner, co-founder of Github
12. “It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.” - Jason Cohen, founder of Smart Bear Software
11. “Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles - we’ve all worked with that person. That person is a drag.” - Tina Fey
10. “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” - Hunter S. Thompson
9. “Those who create are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore, the latter are stronger.” - Coco Chanel
8. “Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day they stop.” – Jeffrey Zeldman, A List Apart publisher
7. "You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.” - Henry Ford, founder of Ford Motor Company
6. “If you can't tolerate critics, don't do anything new or interesting.” - Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon
5. “I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work.” - George Carlin
4. “If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been.” - Robert H. Schuller
3. “I try not to get involved in the business of prediction. It's a quick way to look like an idiot.” - Warren Ellis
2. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.” - Mark Twain
1. "Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda, Jedi Master
Ready to make your mark? Talk to us.
Our programs were designed by world-renowned coaches. Sessions only take 5-15 minutes. Get started for free with your personalized program now.
Our expert coaches have designed hyper-effective programs that will help
you change the world.
Coach Marlee (your amazing AI-powered personal coach) will analyse your unique traits and goals to let you know which program to start with (and if there are any you should skip)!
Your recommended programs include:
Big picture thinking is key in rallying a team behind compelling company values. Increase your comfort and use of big picture thinking to identify and communicate your ‘big why’. Big picture thinking is key in sharing the vision and other communications, leadership and culture building.
Inspire yourself and others to see and achieve grand visions and goals. A focus on goals is especially helpful for cultivating an amazing company culture, impactful communication, maintaining focus over time and for team members with your vision and mission.
Strengthen your emotional intelligence (EQ) and build an amazing company culture. Awareness of your and others’ emotions is at the heart of influencing, ‘reading people’, impactful communication, deep relating and forming authentic connections at work and in life.
During this eight week program Coach Marlee will help you to develop an amazing company culture through experimentation and data and a willingness to empower the opinions, feedback and insights within your team and others in your life.
Develop ‘step back’ mastery for increased awareness and tools for building an amazing company culture. Reflection and patience are core to consolidating learning, growth, strategic thinking and building authentic trust and community.
Comfort to initiate, experiment and kick things off is the pathway to building an amazing culture. Close the gap between your great ideas and taking action on them. Strengthen your comfort and motivation to start culture building initiatives and opportunities.
“Marlee helped me discover skills in myself and others on how to work together as a team!”
“I was able to see that I would still like to direct and author my decisions more effectively”
"Great experience overall! The 'Attention to detail' coaching program really helped me a lot as it opened up a new way for me to see things. This is very useful in my approach to work."
“Our fast-paced society pushes us to neglect our very human need to take a moment to pause and reflect. Marlee helped me get back in touch with that, and it has done wonders for my mental health!”
“Awesome and effective coaching program of helping to increase motivation for goal challenged people. Fallen in love with goals and looking forward to more BHAGs. Highly recommend the coaching for GoalCatcher!”
"This program has helped me to be less impulsive and really think before acting"
“I discovered I need to be conscious of where I want to go - to get there”
“Coaching with Marlee was simply amazing. 200% recommend!”